The Life of Bethie

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm not dead...



...technically speaking. I just haven't bothered to post anything. I have a pile of ideas for entries, tho. I keep getting this site meter thing saying loyal friends keep stopping by only to be disappointed. Sorry. I have a slew of pics to post. I'll be back. Promise.

And I have to add that is just sucks to come here & see Dad's obituary. That itself is motivation to post...post...pictures & everything that's happened since the end of June.

Here's an actual blurb: this past Saturday I walked in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk. I raised $1,115.00 which I think is pretty good considering I didn't push real hard for donations. I went alone. It was my time at last. I have been so busy being strong for everybody else & taking care of everyone else, I hadn't yet cried since Dad died. Nobody looked at me strangely walking around bawling my eyes out. It was good. But a nasty effect on my body. I made myself physically sick & spent much of the weekend in the bathroom. Blech. Now I need to contact all the wonderful people who supported me.

And now I learn that a good friend's husband has passed away. 2006 has been THE shittiest year. I can't wait for 2007. But I do NOT dare say that it couldn't possibly be worse. The big guy upstairs has a twisted sense of humor sometimes.

This is me bringing in a dock up at camp...had to push it around with a pole & steer it onto the railroad car that pulled it out of the water. A brilliant contraption & with no wind was actually pretty easy.

5 Comments:

  • Hang in there hon. Let yourself have those times when you cry it out even if you look like a whacko! We've all been there. And yes, 2006 was hard for a lot of people, I'm also looking forward to a new year, but I know there were be struggles and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. It has been a lot of learning for me and I know I can never go back to the way I handle things.

    Much love

    By Blogger Wilson Clan, at 5:23 PM  

  • Glad to see you posting Bethie, yes its been a hard year for some of us hasnt it. Heres to hoping that 2007 will be a good one.
    Hugs
    Sam

    By Blogger Sam, at 3:59 AM  

  • I hear you! 2006 SUCKED so far. I feel horrible that my baby will be born in the same year that we lost so many loved ones, but I also hope that this symbol of renewal will bring peace and healing to our family.

    I can completely understand how you felt at that walk. Our family took part in a Candlelight Walk that was honouring my MIL and the small town walk raised 18,000 for cancer research in her name. It was very touching, and none of us were able to get up in front of the crowd because we were too emotional, so my FIL wrote a letter on behalf of all of us to be read by a friend.

    I'm glad you have returned from your blog break. I missed you. How are those cute girls doing?

    By Blogger Motherhen, at 9:14 PM  

  • *hugs* have been wondering how you've been doing. I've been thinking of you xx
    p.s. well done on raising all that money though!

    By Blogger Katesmum, at 9:08 AM  

  • Hey, whatever happened with the camp, do you end up being able to buy it? I'm interested in seeing the contraption to get your dock out, that's the hardest part of closing our place. We physically drag it out of the water, we barely clear the shoreline. No more floating docks for us, the biggest regret I have!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>