The Life of Bethie

Friday, June 30, 2006

The End

My amazing Dad lost a valiant fight against Lymphoma tonight....well, actually last night, Thursday, June 29, 2006. He died peacefully in his own bed at home, with his family right there. Not hooked up to a thing. He had enough painkillers to make him comfortable. Mom is a nurse so no need for hospice to come in & have strangers taking care of his personal needs. He simply stopped breathing. But not until we were all home. He stayed somewhat responsive until the last of the kids traveling arrived. I can't think of a better way to go. He even took his last breath after we were all in his room. It was amazing.

We are all sad that such a great man has passed. I am pissed that cancer exists to do such things. My mom looks so small in her bed all alone. We are all so tired having spent most of last night awake. And now there is much to do...

4 Comments:

  • My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now Beth. I am truly sorry.
    Lots of Love
    Sam

    By Blogger Sam, at 9:33 AM  

  • Beth, many hugs and prayers for you. I am so sorry that he has left you all. I can't even begin to imagine the pain nor the relief at just how peaceful his passing was.

    By Blogger Wilson Clan, at 3:22 PM  

  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in his peace and healing in your family's love for each other. (((HUGS)))

    By Blogger Motherhen, at 12:23 AM  

  • I'm so sorry for your loss Beth. If you need to talk, you know the number. Call any time.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>