The Life of Bethie

Thursday, May 18, 2006

And the Doctor said...

I have two wonderfully healthy daughters. R is 55 lbs & 51 1/2". N is 50lbs & 46 3/4". They both gained 3" & 4lbs in the past year. Yep, really, both of 'em.

Puberty came up. Sweet R (9) got her 1st bra last weekend. Not so tragic because she doesn't NEED one. Just a cute accessory. I was told when her breasts start swelling, menstruation is about 2 years away. Phew. Flat as a pancake. But for some girls in her class, it's not so far away. We're gonna have to talk soon. I asked if anyone in her class had started their period. ("What's THAT?") When you start bleeding. ("Like a nosebleed?") Noooo. We'll talk this weekend. You have a book to help explain it all.

THEN she was on the phone w/a friend & suddenly is spelling s-e-x as though I can't spell, lol. Apparently, her friend asked if she knew what it was. Apparently, friend DOES. Her brother (16) was just fired for having sex at work. Oh boy. I asked her if she knew what it was & she said, "hugging & kissing. Big hugs & kisses. BIG hugs & kisses. HUGE hugs & kisses." I guess I looked relieved enough because she stopped there. LOL.

*sigh* My sweet baby. I can't even say I'm not ready for this because I have no choice if I want her to stay healthy. Gotta call her friend's mom & see what she's saying!

2 Comments:

  • I'm there with ya! Kelsey is 10 and I'm going to have to do this talk soon. Somehow she managed to convince her friend's grandmother to buy her a bra lol. Like she can't ask me - and like you, thank goodness, she's flat as a board too for the time being. She starts jr high in August though so I'm sure it's partly that as well - time for the mom and daughter talk. *sigh* They grow up too fast.

    By Blogger Just Me, at 2:17 PM  

  • EEEK! I always make Patrick terribly uncomfortable when I try to make sure he knows the facts.

    By Blogger Motherhen, at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>